To be honest, this was the first Christmas season that I was really stressed out. I don’t know why this year, but to put it in perspective, we are less than a week away until Christmas and I’m not even done with my Christmas shopping, close, but not done.
I blame how late Thanksgiving was this year. I felt like Thanksgiving came and went and then it was already December and now Christmas. I know I’m not alone in this world who are last minute shoppers, so I decided to create this very last minute holiday gift guide for the people like me out there.
Sure, I can easily get all my shopping done in an hour on Amazon, but I’m not a huge fan of online shopping (I know, I’m weird) and with my family and friends, who practically have everything or don’t want anything, I’m just having trouble finding the perfect gift. I know I don’t have to get everyone a gift, but truth is, I really enjoy picking up small and unique gifts and the whole gift giving thing.
Since, I’m a last minute shopper, considering how late this post is going up during the Christmas season, I hope you all find this post helpful, so here are a few last minute gift ideas and tips.
I’m very fortunate to experience Christmas time in the city. Mostly, that means enjoying all the holiday activities, while dodging all the tourists. It feels like the city triples in size during this time of year. But, if you get passed the slow walkers and the crowded streets and subways, it’s magical.
This year, I really took advantage of the holiday markets scattered around the different parts of Manhattan like the famous Bryant Park winter village. However, if you want to experience the markets but something not as crowded as Bryant Park, I actually prefer the Union Square and Columbus Circle markets better. I also discovered that the Columbus Circle subway station has an underground shopping mall, which is all decorated for the holidays with even more stores, but most of the non holiday stores stay open all year.
I could easily just go to a drugstore and pick up gift cards and call it a day, but at these holiday markets you can really find special gifts in all prices ranges for the different people in your life. Since, they can be so overwhelming I try to do one lap and grab the business cards of the shops that I like and want to browse again. I especially like how some of the vendors sell specific New York items which is great to give to people who don’t live in the city.
Check out some of my favorite shops below (on the name you fill find the link their online stores). If you don’t live in the city most of these brands have online stores, so you can shop at home. And, if you are planing a trip to the city soon, I highly recommend shopping and eating at these markets because most of them stay open until January.
- This boutique sells fashionable clothing, jewelry, accessories in all different price ranges and styles.
- Love their selection of cute socks for men and woman that feature funny sayings and unique patterns. I went a little sock crazy this year for Christmas and picked up a few pairs for people.
- This store sells must have jewelry items for the traveller or those obsessed with a specific part of the world. I have my eye on the Metro Card pendant necklace.
- Offers a wide range of products from purses to wallets to keychains to mugs with adorable cartoons of your favorite breed of dog.
- These handmade wire sculptures, key chains, and ornaments are so special. These items either feature people doing things or specific icons, which means you can find something that fits anyone’s personality. I purchased quite a few gifts from this vendor this year.
- Obsessed with these unique cosmetic bags and pouches with such clever sayings and quotes.
- This is a shop I discovered this year and I’m so thankful because this artist is amazing. He sells canvases of your favorite New York City scene and not only are these canvases super colorful, but they are printed on snippets from newspaper articles. Of course, I bought a few as gifts, but also gifted myself with one of these beautiful and abstract paintings.
- This is not part of the holiday markets, but this is such a cool candy store located around the city. This is not just your usual candy store, but it offers such cool gifts like jumbo sizes of your favorite treat or just gag gifts, which will have everyone laughing and their sweet tooth satisfied. I did quite well at this store finding finishing touches for gifts.
So the theme for my gift shopping is personalization is key. We all know how much I love my Onecklace gold horoscope necklace that I was gifted a few months back. Here I’m wearing my new addition to my Onecklace horoscope collection. This is a silver Taurus star constellation pendant necklace. I love how this shop has the option to personalize everything whether it’s your horoscope, birth stone, name, initials, and so on, making them great presents for your mom, sister, friends, and so on.
So this is really the only online shopping I’ve been doing and that is subscription boxes. I like to think of it as the gift that keeps on giving. You can choose how many months you want these boxes to be sent to your loved ones. I love how their is a huge variety of themes for these boxes, like beauty, lifestyle, food, wine and so on. You can really find a box that suits that persons’ taste and interest. My favorites include Winc (for your wine drinkers), which I actually wrote a review about over on my Instagram and have a coupon code for you all (use this link to get a $22 discount and complimentary shipping which comes out to 4 bottles of wine for $39. Lastly, I also love the the Allure Beauty Box for all your beauty lovers in your life.
Lastly, don’t overthink the idea of an experience. Personally, this is my favorite type of gift. Instead, of stressing over finding a physical object, suggest something you can experience together, like a broadway show, comedy show, ice skating, cooking class, a sporting event, or a paint night, the list is endless. Some experiences are more expensive than others, but you can find one that’s in your price range and something that interests the other person. Sometimes making new memories is more exciting than a piece of jewelry or whatever.
Well that concludes my last minute gift guide, so now you have only one thing to do…go shop and finally finish that Christmas shopping. With a guide like this, there’s really nothing to stress about anymore, except maybe what are you going to wear for the holidays or New Year’s Eve, well just give me some time and I can help you with that too (LOL). Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season.