Post Holiday Glam

The post holiday depression has officially set in.  Walking through Bryant Park in NYC each day, I see what use to be the holiday shopping village now vacant.  I watch stores take down their holiday window decorations, but I refuse to put away my glitz and glam from the holiday season.  Keep on reading to see how to incorporate sparkle in your everyday look even when the holidays are over.

My favorite way to keep the glam in the dreary winter months is to add sparkle in subtle ways, which is why I love my plaid button up with the pops of gold sparkle from GlitterBuzzStyle Boutique.  The sparkle on the pocket and the back turns this shirt from ordinary to extraordinary.  Check out http://www.glitterbuzzstyleboutique.com for more fashionable finds.

Since I mentioned how cold the winter can get I just layered a thin white sweater from Old Navy under my blouse.  I always look for ways to add more warmth to any of my outfits because I am miserable when I’m cold.

As for jeans I’m wearing my new super flared jeans from Madewell.  This is not just your typical skinny jean, but the flared detail totally steps up your fashion game.  Not to mention the raw edge detail on the cuff is so in style.

For boots I’m wearing my suede ankle booties by Report.  I love how these booties are a little higher than my typical booties and the taupe color with silver embellishments totally makes these perfect for any winter time look.

How cool is my bracelet?  Again my bracelet is from the fabulous GlitterBuzzStyle Boutique.  It resembles a belt, but instead of wearing it on your waist it’s for your wrist.  Because of the cool design and color I had to make it the star of my outfit.

To look on the bright side I guess as each cold, winter day passes we are getting closer to longer, warm and sunny days.  But until then use fashion to add a little sparkle into your life.

Top: GlitterBuzzStyle Boutique (SIMILAR)| Sweater: Old Navy | Jeans: Madewell | Shoes: Report | Bracelet: GlitterBuzzStyle Boutique (SIMILAR) (SIMILAR) (SIMILAR)

32 Comments

1. January 11, 2017 / 10:56 am

Great look love those pants

2. January 11, 2017 / 11:25 am

in love with those cropped jeans!

3. January 11, 2017 / 12:48 pm

Love this look, I have similar jeans, thanks for inspiration!!! xo

4. January 11, 2017 / 3:08 pm

I’ve been saying the exact same thing all week: new years may be over but I still want to sparkle. I love the mix of the casual plaid with shiny gold!

xx, Pia

5. January 11, 2017 / 4:35 pm

Wow, the look is so nice, i love the pants and the shirt, they are absolutely gorgeous and the combination is perfect. I just found your blog and i like it a lot, now i am following:) big kiss

6. January 12, 2017 / 7:11 am

Taking down our holiday decor is so sad. We have birthday’s right after the holiday’s so we have to transition pretty fast. Your shirt is so fun!

Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

7. January 12, 2017 / 3:10 pm

Wow!! Amazing look dear <33

8. January 12, 2017 / 3:44 pm

Those jeans! The plaid! I love everything about this! GlitterBuzzStyle Boutique has got such great clothes, love your outfit! <3

xx BASH   ||   HEY BASH

9. January 15, 2017 / 7:25 am

Wow! Das Hemd in Kombi mit der Hose sieht absolut toll aus!

Liebe Grüße, Erik

10. January 15, 2017 / 7:34 pm

I admire your idea of bringing a hint of sparkle in by adding it to parts of your clothing. Your shoes and bracelet do a great job of adding it without overpowering it. I think it’s great you added some to the pocket and yoke of your shirt, it’s fun and keeps that positive spirit up in the colder, winter months!

11. Jen Hsieh
    January 15, 2017 / 10:18 pm

I’m definitely feeling those post-holiday blues as well, especially seeing all the discarded trees on the streets. At least this means we’re just getting closer to the spring, right? Right?!

Also, you’re working those wide-leg jeans. I’ve been seeing a lot of similar wide-leg trousers lately and I really wish I could pull them off.

JennifHsieh

12. January 16, 2017 / 5:13 pm

I love the sequin pocket detail on your plaid top! So cute!

Jill
    Doused in Pink

13. January 17, 2017 / 12:40 pm

How cute are the sequin accents! Love your idea to carry the sparkle forward from the holidays into the new year. Such a fun piece with the contrast between the plaid and the sequins!

xo,
    katrina
    thedemuremuse.com

14. January 18, 2017 / 8:06 am

Oh boy, I love your jeans and the sequin accents on the shirt look so beautiful:) Happy Wednesday, love. xo

15. January 18, 2017 / 2:06 pm

The post is wonterful! I am loving your blog:)

irinathayer.com

16. Dorothy Bell
    January 22, 2017 / 11:44 pm

Love this plaid power outfit. And those sequin pocket is just so cute. So in love with your fashion style girl.